Andrew had his 4th cross country meet this afternoon in Jerome. Steve had the day off (canceled jury duty) so we took the whole family to watch. I was happy we were able to make it and even more happy Steve knew the course so I could be where I needed to be for pictures.
We arrived around 10 minutes before the 7th and 8th grade boys ran.
Here Andrew was at the beginning of the race...
the middle...
and the finish line.
Steve and I were both really proud of him. He's improved tons from last year and stays with the lead pack for the entire race. He came in 14th this time.
Steve and I both commented how we can't believe how fast he is growing up and we know his little brothers aren't far behind.
Slow down kid...you're killing me.
A good portion of his cross country team.
(I'm thinking 12-13 year old girls are even more crazy than boys.)
Even more evidence that Steve and I are becoming parents of "older" children is the fact that Andrew once again does not have ONE decent cold weather jacket that fits him. Ghee Whiz.
He is going on a service camp-out to Camp Bradley tomorrow night and as we helped him pack I realized his lack of cold weather gear. His arms once more have grown inches and inches. I will be (again) going to the store in the morning to buy him new sweatshirts and jackets. I was just there last night to buy him sweats for cross country. Little did I know I would be going back the next day...mostly because I don't want to go to jail for neglect. Juvenile frostbite wouldn't be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment