I bought some gf ginger cookies this last weekend and payed WAY too much for how many were in the package. I hid them in my closet and ate them when my kids weren't looking.
My favorite part were the chunks of candied ginger in them. It also made so Steve wouldn't eat as many as he doesn't care for fluffy stuff like that in his cookies. He's a purist, and I'm grateful for that...more cookies for me. Well, the package was gone way too fast so I decided to come up with my own.
I took two recipes I like, one molasses and one gingerbread and combined the two all the while adding WAY more ginger than either of them called for.
I came up with...
these.
Yes, they are as good as they look and nobody in my family could tell they were gluten free.
Sadly, I did not have candied ginger in the house, but next time I will add that too.
GF Gingersnaps
1 C. shortening
1C. brown sugar
1/2 C. molasses
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1tbs vinegar
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1C each of oat, domata and maninis flour
The dough was really thick and I ended up kneading it like bread dough with my hands.
Roll small balls of dough in sugar and bake 350 degrees for about 11 minutes.
Whats one thing better than a gingersnap cookie?
Grady at 6 months. Love love love this blue eyed boy.
Just had to document what happens when Say does her own hair.
It's pretty awesome let me tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment