Friday, October 15, 2010

11 days out




I think this picture describes how we are coping around here with the "master of the house" being under the weather and really really grumpy.
 
1. It's not quite in focus...as are we.
2. No body is getting their hair combed and at least one half of us are still in pj's at lunch time.
3.  Older children are "faking" sick and being able to stay home from school because their mother is too tired to fight them on it. (this WILL NOT be happening again)
4. Children are getting away with drinking soda for lunch.  Hello?  Where is the parental supervision?
5. Counters are dirty, closets are left open...in fact, the entire house is in one big state of disarray.

I think it has been established that I can complain.
(if I ever write another resume, I think complaining should be on my lists of true talents)

So for a change of pace, I'm going to instead write what I have been grateful for in the last 11 day of sickness.

-Antibiotics.  Started them almost 48 hours ago and am finally starting to feel a little better.
- Tylenol and Ibuprofen...alternated every four hours.
-My liver and it's ability to process the massive amounts of Tylenol and Ibuprofen I have ingested.
-Hot showers.  The only thing that could stop my coughing- especially at 4am.
-Earplugs and the fact my husband is not afraid to use them.
- The Disney channel.  Colby has watched it non stop for the past 11 day.  ..and I don't care.
-Diet Dr. Pepper paired with oatmeal cookie dough.  (its a coping mechanism)
-The reheatable rice bag my mother made.  It's the only thing that kept me from shoving a pencil in my ear last night to stop the pain from what I'm guessing has to an ear infection.  
-A husband who cares enough about me to come home and take over with the kids...so I can be by myself.
-A husband who also cares little about the state of our home or how I have looked for the past week and a half.  
It hasn't been pretty.



3 comments:

  1. That was my house a few weeks ago and I am so, so sorry for you guys. Hope you feel better soon. It took me almost two weeks to get back on my feet. Miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww jill being sick is the worst! hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself, everyone's alive, and the kids are probably loving the lounging days. loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry :( Mom sick = disfunctional home. Sorry I contributed nothing in your time of illness. I would've brought you an extra Diet Dr. Pepper if I would've known. Mason asked the other day if Satan made Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete