Monday, April 22, 2013

one month

Grady is officially one month old tomorrow.
The last month flew by in a blink...a sleepless blink, but a blink nonetheless.
I tried to get a few pictures of him this afternoon.  Some of them worked better than others.
Here a few things about Grady...

He is finally starting to look less yellow.  His jaundice can still be seen in his forehead and in the whites of his eyes, but I'm having to tint his pictures way less than I did a few weeks ago.


Grady is a great eater and a great daytime sleeper.  
It's at night that he likes to be look around, grunt and squirm.  
His average feedings are around 2 1/2 - 3 hours apart morning and night.  Is it bad to say I'm looking forward to four hour stretches?
He is not a fussy baby- but happily eats, burps, messes and sleeps.  He only cries if I don't catch the hungry cues quick enough and he actually has to "sing" for his meals.

 He has started to smile.
It slays me every time.
Today he looked me straight in the face and grinned an open mouth grin.  
Adorable.
It made up for (a few of) the sleepless nights.  

Grady's eyes are blue.


The most beautiful dark blue...


with light blue halos.
I know it's just a matter of time until they turn deliciously dark brown- like all of his siblings' eyes- but I'm enjoying the blues while they last, and secretly hoping they stick around.

He loves his binkie.

 Really loves his binkie.
Eye rolled into back of head happiness.

His eyelashes are growing in. 

 I am in love with them...

along with his darling nose and mouth.

And his hair still rocks.
I love this Grady boy.

...and his toes are pretty cute too.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously so cute! What a lucky mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of him!! Can't wait to meet him. He is so adorable, just like all your other kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are the best!! Love that you captured all his cute faces!

    ReplyDelete