Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How are we coping...

Many people have asked in the past few days how my parents are doing and how I am doing. 
Well, I think we are all just coping.
Yesterday I coped with gf chocolate cake with frosting so thick some of my kids complained. (Who do they think they are???  Frosting too thick?  Blasphemy.)

Today I'm coping with this and a huge Cafe Rio salad.
(I must say that the Diet Mountain Dew in the beer cans are insanely large.  I haven't cracked them open yet...mostly because I feel like I'm sinning just holding it.)
Both were brought over by loving friends who visited and fed me calorically and emotionally at the same time.  I love you girls!!!  Being with both of you relieved a lot of stress today.  Thank you.
Thank you for listening today about my fears and anxiety about life at the moment.

The main fear I have at the moment involves this wonderful man and this darling baby.

It includes these two cuties too.
The thought of my three youngest children not knowing my dad is eating me alive.
If the worst happened with Dad's cancer, Andrew and Carter would remember Dad.
Colby would too...but not to the same extent.
Saylor and Grady would be a different story.

Both my parents are so special to me and the relationships they have with my children are priceless.
The relationship I had with my grandparents was priceless.
This last week, if nothing else, has put life in perspective.
Life is precious.
Relationships with those we love and cherish are the most valued thing we have been granted in this life.  
Never ever ever take them for granted.   Ever.



As I watched my kids interact with my dad yesterday night, I wished for time to stand still. 
Come on...who wouldn't want to examine nose hairs with their grandpa forever??


Man oh man this Grandpa is loved and adored.

...as are his stories.
Dad had Saylor enamored for a good portion of the night talking about everything from Muffer Dog (our loyal childhood pet) to stinky owl encounters.   

Seriously?
Is this not the cutest picture in the entire world?
I think Saylor has a good chance of winning the award of Grandpa's biggest fan!

Love you Dad.  Hang in there...please.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I was so sad to check your blog and read the news about your dad. Hang in there - prayers to your family.

    ReplyDelete