I'm behind in everything.
This last week my "new baby calmness" flew out the window. I feel as if I will never be on top of things again.
I'm trying to see the humor in the entire situation as the orderly walls I've put up are crumbling down around me. Really- organization and order are history Examples??? Well, besides the hair cut fiasco...we totally forgot about YM on Wednesday and when his ride showed up I had to take Grady out of his arms and practically throw him out the door. He was wearing track pants. His look of disbelief as I "allowed" him to leave the front porch in them was hysterical. I suppose if this is the worst of the disorder...besides the ickyness of my dirty house...I will survive.
Survival: Yes, that best describes my house right now.
But while we are he__ bent to thrive in survival mode...here are a few things from this week I don't want to forget. If I don't write them down they will soon be lost in what's left of my brain.
My wonderful friend Susan made Grady this AMAZING quilt. It has minky on the back and is so cosy. My daytime tummy sleeper curled up in this masterpiece the other day when the wind was howling outside and the house felt freezing. It was the first time he slept in his actual crib.
Love the quilt.
Love the baby.
Which one is gluten free?
Steve couldn't tell the difference.
The ones on the right are GF and the best "plain" chocolate chip cookies I have made yet.
I've mastered peanut butter and oatmeal before, but not chocolate chip. Yes...this is a big deal.
Me and my elastic waist skirts love cookies. (My jeans do not.)
A few weeks ago Carter bought a bow with his own money. It's nothing fancy, but he spends hours in the back yard shooting into the field behind our house.
The only problem? No quiver.
Steve and Carter devised one this week out of tape, cardboard tubing and a bungee cord.
Pretty ingenious if you ask me.
(Please ignore the "junkyard" that is our backyard. I'm sure trying to. Oh? Did I say junkyard? I meant trashy playground...or boy paradise. It's all the same.)
We spent the afternoon at my parents yesterday with cousins.
Saylor grabbed a few story books and crawled into Grandpa's lap. After stories...they both fell asleep.
Pretty cute if you ask me.
Today's plan?
Grady is being blessed in church this afternoon.
I hope I can slow down and enjoy the day and not stress too much over little details that don't matter (like if the pork turns out or not)...maybe I should take bets if I can actually do it. It would be good to have some spare cash!
I'd pay you money for the chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have yet to bake a good one too- I've basically given up- it's become to costly. I'm good at cakes, chocolate cookies, peanut butter, and incredibly wonderful gf store bought dough- but never chocolate chip. What can I do for you??? :-)
ReplyDelete