Thursday, May 16, 2013

We've survived the first half of May.  I consider this a massive accomplishment as May is one of the craziest months around.  
We are over scheduled with life.
This week Andrew had his band concert Monday night, a track meet Tuesday and a field trip Wednesday.  I had church meetings Wednesday night, Steve has church meetings tonight, Colby took swim lessons every day this week...and so on and so forth.
I look at my calendar for the rest of the month and want to cry a little.
Steve will be in Boise tomorrow for work meetings and will come home late and then immediately leave with the three oldest for Fathers and Sons.
Add homework and music practice to all of this and I might just lose my mind.
...but it's all good stuff.  
...not sure I can cut any of it out. 

The following are a few tidbits (in crappy pictures) from the last week.
They're proof we're still rolling.

 Andrew and Carter had their last piano recital with their current teacher last Saturday.
Steve was working and I was on my own to get five kids ready by 10 am by myself.
We made it.  I think I deserve a medal or something.

 Their wonderful teacher is having a sweet baby boy this summer and will no longer be teaching.
I have found a new teacher for Andrew but have agreed to let Carter quit piano.  I think one instrument per child is all I should be doing.  I will miss Carter's cute self on the piano.
However, hearing him play a Beatles song on the guitar makes up for it!

I'm having to fix Saylor's hair differently these days.  Relaxed piggies in the back work and still cover some of the sheered parts on the sides.  It's a work in progress.

 Little Grady is growing faster than I would like.
But he is still all bendy and cuddly.  Thank goodness.

 Shot of Andrew at his track meet.
Taking the good camera and a baby was more than I could handle.
Sorry Andrew...I'll take decent pictures next year.

 Gymboree had an amazing sale last week.  I spent a wad and got a mountain load of clothes for next summer delivered to my doorstep.  I bought three swimsuits for Saylor for practically nothing.  When she saw them she asked, "Only three?" 
Uh...yeah...I buy her too much stuff.

 I was hoping Grady could wear these shorts this summer.  They were marked 3-6 months.
Sure. Whatever.
What kind of ginormous baby is Gymobree making clothing for?

 Steve had the day off and we took Saylor to get her first ice cream cone ever today.
He ended up having to hold the second one as the first one ended up on the seat next to her.
I may have licked the non-gluteny part of this cone...delicious.

 Poor Grady is loved more than I think he would like by his sister.

 Andrew somehow conned Steve into ordering him and his brothers Airsoft guns.
I was and am still against it.
The boys are not.
They have loved them.  But I think the guns have lowered their intelligence level...they purposely shot eachother in the back just to see what it would feel like.  Carter said it felt "manly."  I may never fully understand the male species.
Please note the safety ski-goggle eye wear.  Nice.



Those of you driving by my home please don't think I've become the crazy plant lady.  Five of these pots belong to my mother.  I am plant-sitting while she is in Seattle babysitting my nephews.

Why no pictures of Colby and hardly any of Carter???
Carter has joined a biker gang of boys who ride around the neighborhood keeping the peace and proving their manhood.
Colby can be found across the street jumping on the neighbor's trampoline and eating their otter-pops.
They only come home for the occasional blood sugar check and snack.
I may never see them this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment