Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts

Yesterday when they realized I was awake, Carter and Colby rushed in to give me their school made gifts.  I must admit, I love these gifts more than anything.  They are priceless beyond priceless.
I actually mourn the loss over my first born son being to old to make these anymore and scream with delight that Saylor and Grady haven't even started making them...I have their entire grade school ahead of me!  Hurray!
 To save these beauties for all posterity, I figures I'd post them here.

 This is got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen brought home from school.
It is laminated to last through the ages.  
It came with a hand written note which read, 
"Dear Mom,
You are the best Mom ever!  Thank you for all your help.  You can do any thing!  I hope you like my pacture.  I'm so lucky to have as my mom.  My favrote dinner you make is babaqu pork sandwich.  I love you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much I going to die!!!!!!!!!
Your, son Carter"
 (Nope, I don't edit these letters.  The mistakes make them all the more special as do the million "so"'s)

 Colby brought me this beauty.
It came with a hand written poem, 
"Dear Mom, I will love you forever, And forever you will be the most wonderful mother, You mean everything to me.  I thought of buying you flowers in the usual way, But I knew you would prefer a FOREVER BOUQUET!!!!"


 Colby then brought this home from church.

The ones that need a little clarifying are...
"My Mom Teaches Me:  cindness " (kindness)
and
"My Mom Is As Beautiful As:  A hoose  (horse)

I'm interpreting Colby's comparison of beauty as liking me to a fancy racehorse that is worth tens of thousands of dollars...not an old nag of a horse in some random pasture.

I'm also realizing through this letter that Colby is big into food.  He likes my cookies.

 Saylor made me this in church.
Love this girl (and her primary teachers too).

This little peanut, like all my babies, is the best Mother's Day present.
I held him with added appreciation yesterday.

I'm grateful for the miracle that each of my children are.  
I'm grateful for my own mother and the sacrifices she has made (still makes) for me.  She is an amazing mother that I strive to be like.  A more selfless example of motherhood I can not imagine.  She had devoted her entire adult life to me, my four siblings and our families.   We are truly blessed to have her in our lives.
I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who created mothers- what a divine roll He has placed upon me.
I will be forever humbled knowing the responsibility placed in my hands as a mother of His precious spirits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment