Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013 Part One

The festivities started last Saturday when the weather was still beautiful and Steve still had a full bushy beard.
Steve was grand-master at carving our home grown pumpkins and by the fourth had perfected carving with an electric drill.

It was such a beautiful day that Grady basked in the weather sans socks and jacket.

One of the finished products.
I believe it was Saylors.

By Halloween day the weather turned cold and the kids turned weird.
 For example,
Carter came upstairs with this beauty as his official trick-or-treating attire.
I was slightly creeped out. Maybe it was the pj top, maybe it was the gold stretchy pants, or maybe it was...

this oh so nasty mustache protruding out of his mask.  To be honest, I think it looks more like the result of a productive sneeze than a upper lip masterpiece.
EEEWWW.

Mostly I think I was put out because I had earlier in the year planned out our family's perfect matching costume theme.  We were going to be amish…all of us.  I even had pictures taken in the costumes last Friday!
However, my kids refused to wear my beloved Amish costumes, decided to have a mind of their own, and even overcame the bribery of $$$ that I put on the table.  (They really hated the Amish thing.)

All four of them dug around in our costume bins and found what they wanted to wear on their own.
(I pouted quietly upstairs)

Saylor returned to her favorite viking outfit.

Yes…this is indeed still her pretty face.

Colby also went viking,
(he would make a dashing red head!)

as did Andrew.
Andrew's costume was half taken from Steve's past viking costume and half taken from mine.
I told Andrew this was the only time he could wear one of my skirts.  EVER.


The crew.
I talked Carter into not wearing the mask.  I convinced him he would get more candy if people could see his beautiful face and eyes.  He fell for it…thank goodness.

The promise of more candy is a powerful thing.

Getting a little better on the pretty faces.  We're working on it.
I love this girl and am trying to embrace her spunk and craziness with all my might. All the while, trying not burst out laughing while trying to discipline her is getting harder and harder.  She is a wild woman.

 A little porch craziness while waiting for the treat-or-treat truck to be ready.
(more about that on part two)

 Eagle Powers Come To Me!

 Halloween with gold stretchy pants might e the best thing ever.

Look close…you can see a shirtless viking posing in the window.

This boy melts my heart on a daily basis.
(Wonder if he would let me dye his hair!  wink wink)

Favorite Halloween picture yet.
Andrew "helping" with Grady while waiting for his friends to arrive.
(also to be expounded on in part two)

No comments:

Post a Comment