Friday, November 29, 2013

Two by Two, Hands of Blue.

Call it an occupational hazard.  Call it a habitual habit.
But no matter how you label it…I still think its creepy.
 Steve likes wearing gloves while doing household chores….these creepy blue dental gloves.
Cleaning bathrooms, doing dishes, and the latest seasonal "chore" of preparing turkeys all are glove worthy.
 A few years ago we watched a movie where evil government workers wore blue gloves while killing people (great movie I know) and a crazy girl would quote over and over, "Two by two, hands of blue."  

Seriously the hands of blue creep me out and Steve knows it and milks it.
(Just looked at this picture closely and noticed my pantry door wide open along with my laundry cabinets too.  I wish I could say this was a rare occurrence, but it's not.)

But in Steve's creepy blue hand defense…the man knows how to cook a turkey.
 Way to rock the gloves.

We had our first turkey, smoked strictly for leftovers, Wednesday night.
He smoked another one Thursday for the official dinner with the Dixons.

Colby got into the eating action too.
What little boy wouldn't want to eat an entire turkey leg?????

Thursday afternoon we headed to Steve's brother's home with turkey, rolls and popcorn treats in hand.
We enjoyed dinner with Steve's parents, Mike, Chenele, Anavey, Emily, her fiance Mark, and the missionaries.

(proud of him for leaving the gloves at home)

Grandma and Grandpa along with Mike and Chenele sat at the "kids" table.
We sat at the grown up table and listened to the kids' conversation.  It was hilarious to hear Saylor tell everyone her ideas and takes on life.

Colby loved eating rolls, chips, meat, and drinking out of fancy glasses.

Grady be-bopped around and was the perfect 8 month old baby…as always.

It was a lovely Thanksgiving and each of the kids said what they were thankful for.

Saylor:  my family
Colby:  money for my needs (somebody been listening to his parents.  ha ha)
Carter:  Pigs…because we get bacon from them.
Andrew:  Turkey.

Is it proper to admit that I rolled my eyes over my oldest two childrens' answers?

Other things going on this Thanksgiving weekend???
We had an elf join our family.
Saylor named her Icy and she will be keeping tabs on us this Christmas season.
She is currently hanging off our dining room light fixture.

Grady is everywhere and into everything.
I am a little scared for his well being.
A dining room chair now covers this open space by the stairs.

I made gf ginger cookies with tons of ginger and then frosted them with a lemon frosting.
Nobody will eat them but me. 
Darn.  :)

Steve has been busy with a basement project.
 (work gloves are way less creepy)

He put up wains-coating in the basement family room.

Today his plan is to prime and paint.
I'm so excited and dreaming of new furniture to put infront of it.  (fat chance)

I've been up to a lot of this lately.
You can tell how Saylor feels about it.
Happy to report that "Christmas" is just about done and I don't have to grace a store except to buy food for the rest of the month.  Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment