Friday evening Andrew had his first piano recital with his new teacher Barbara Mix.
It had a Halloween theme and the performers were supposed to dress up.
Andrew went as himself.
I thought that was very imaginative of him.
(He's his own man let me tell you.)
He did a wonderful job and I was proud of his hard work on his recital piece.
Steve, Colby and Saylor skipped the recital and went to Burley to try and win a Camero through a promotion from a local gas station. Sadly, I drank soda after soda after soda to try and win that car all to no avail. Steve will now have to come up with another plan to finance his next land cruiser.
He was really banking on winning. (wink wink)
Carter spent the evening with the Young family as they took him to see his friend Tanner as the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz. He loved it!
Because it was just Andrew, Grady and I, after the recital Andrew and I went to Dairy Queen.
Saturday morning Steve and I did a little shopping with Grady. I love getting out with Steve. I feel like lately time spent with only him is rare beyond rare. We are both so busy just running our family that dates are few and far between.
We made the most of our time and got a few essential things accomplished…like purchasing a new vacuum. Our last one had bit the dust. We also got a few non-essential things accomplished such as Target clearance shopping. Any day I can buy peanut butter cups on sale is a good day.
Saylor scored the most in our clearance adventures with this beautiful Cinderella dress.
She was all smiles until...
she realized it didn't come with a crown, or glass slippers, and was itchy.
Poor poor Saylor.
For $7 I couldn't resist the little red riding hood outfit...
or the angel.
But with that face maybe she's really an angel of darkness.
(just kidding….Saylor I love and adore you, but your attitude lately is EPIC to say the least.
The weather was beautiful Saturday afternoon so Steve took full advantage and put up our Christmas lights.
I was flabbergasted with delight with that AND the fact that Andrew cleaned and swept out the garage by himself. (With those lights making an appearance, somebody is hoping Santa's elves are watching!)
At 4pm Colby had a master violin class where he performed in front of other students and then listened to very positive critiques. It was fun to watch him play. That kid has nerves of steel and nothing seems to phase him. Because I picked up ice cream for Andrew after his performance, I told Colby I would do the same. He requested two plain hamburgers instead. I was happy to deliver.
After dinner at home for the rest of the kids, Andrew and I ventured back to Target to hit the clearance once again. It was too good to pass up!
This hat needed to belong to me. It matches my witch cape perfectly.
The boys also wanted more angel costumes.
Come on…who wouldn't want to be a shoulder angel at 50% off?
We are now the proud owners of five sets of silvery wings and halos.
But we only have ONE set of these.
I call dibs.
Sunday it snowed.
Enough said.
Amish.
ReplyDeleteI love it. You look like the coolest Amish people ever. (?)
I STILL love the adorable viking costumes, too! Brax was my spoiler for a 'family-themed' Halloween look this year--- why do they have to have their own opinions?!
Pretty sure you weren't at church if you actually saw the snow from your front window . . . ;)
ReplyDelete