Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sundays are stressful

Last night I had a small panic attack over thinking about today and the rest of my week.  I find Sundays to be the hardest day of the week, even though they should be the most restful.  But a day of rest for any mom is an oxymoron.  Day of rest…ha ha ha ha ha.
Around 9 pm I was trying to get the oldest four kids in bed and as we knelt down for family prayer my brain started thinking of all the things I was suppose to get done in the next seven days.  (Really?  Like just one day of stress isn't enough so lets just do seven?  My brain needs an overhaul.)
I wanted to cry and roll around on the floor like a three year old.

But I didn't thank goodness.  I decided I was too tired to cope so I started a batch of clothes so the kids wouldn't look like orphans at church the next day and got ready for bed.  Why I didn't get in bed until 11 pm is beyond me, but I sure tried to quit worrying.

Things this morning look a little more up.  I deal with long daunting lists better when I've slept.
What gets done is what gets done.
So what if I'm totally going to wing the primary class I'm teaching today???
So what if the youth family history training meeting I'm supposed to moderate tonight is also winged??
So what if my kids each cheese and tortilla chips again???
So what if I'm doing my best to stay afloat and my best is not good enough?   Oh well.  Such is life.


In celebration in my lack of motivation and perfectionism here are a few totally inconsequential pictures from last week that made me happy.
Failed mint popcorn.
Note to self.  Do NOT use mint chocolate chips.  They are WAY too minty and your treats look like toothpaste.  
The garbage ate this concoction.


Mint popcorn done the right way.
The garbage didn't get this batch.

This makes me very happy.
Let the holiday season begin…I'm ready.

This face also makes me happy.
By the way, he is crawling as of this morning.   (I better start vacuuming more often or he might die.)

I'm trying to learn a new skill.  French braiding is not easy for me, but I would like to be better at it.  I'm  grateful Saylor is patient with me and my many attempts to make her braid look presentable.
(I think in 6 more months her short ends will be long enough to really fit and we wont have to cover the one side of her head with a HUGE bow.)


Even big kids need flu shots.
Lined all the kids up at 8 am yesterday to be vaccinated.
Colby is complaining today that his arm "Hurts like nuts."  I'm not sure what that means…but can't seem to get him to stop saying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment