Saturday, November 9, 2013

We should live in a small town near Hershey PA.

In March 2005 our little family (only Carter and Andrew were around) drove with some friends (Bryce and Traci Cushing)  to PA to visit Hershey.  Super close to the amazing chocolate heaven is the town of Intercourse, (yes…this is the real name- hence the picture of us under the sign) home of a few Amish communities.

Because I was trying to not be rude, this is the only picture I have of anything authentically Amish.
(the horses and plow…not little Carter)
Who knew eight years later I would lose my mind and order Amish clothes off the Internet for Halloween.

Even more mind boggling is the fact that I paid to have our pictures taken in the clothes!
Some days I worry about my sanity.

But seriously, the pictures are pretty hilarious.
Here are a few of my favorites...

Kudos to Steve for growing this beard for two months just for me…and for going along with the these pictures.

 Can't you feel the disdain he has for his mother who made him dress up????

Beautiful little girl.
(She was a stinker and wouldn't wear this to trick or treat.)

Next member of the Amish mafia?

They all have this serious face down.  I wish I could say they were faking annoyed.

Wait a darn minute!  Amish don't have I-pods!
I'm telling Mom!

Amish lecture.

Lecture worked.

No belts or zippers here.

That hat is really big and that beard is really fuzzy.

I think we would be shunned for this.










Nice you guys.

 The crew.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! These pictures are the cutest things I have seen in forever. Why am I not a cool mom like you? I should do this now while my kids can't object. One day your kids will think that was a super cute idea. Well, the boys' future wives will LOVE the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....Why are they not shunned for having a town name like that?? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...I LOVE these pictures! What a cool and cute idea...such a fun mom you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, I thought I would just think the Amish pics would be funny, but it shows off how gorgeous those Dixon kids are! Seriously, they are precious!

    ReplyDelete