Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Part 2

Nothing to do with Halloween…he's just a really cute baby.

In order to keep our teenager entertained and out of trouble Halloween night, be decided to let Andrew have a "smallish" party.   Costumes were optional.

Around 8 pm most of the boys had arrived and I heated up the oil for scones.  I figure if I fed them, they would come.  They came and they ate…and ate…and ate.  
Grandma Dixon's maple scones will always be a hit.

We then sent them downstairs with more food and let them watch World War Z.  
Yuck.  Why boys like zombies are beyond me.

In the meantime, Saylor and Colby came back early with Steve from the Bulkley family trick-or-treat on a flat bed trailer extravaganza.  They went clear out to Meander Point and worked their socks off for candy.  You can see that the exercise worked.  I had two very tired children on my hands.

Carter hung on till the bitter end and was greatly rewarded for his work.

 The spoils.

 Decisions decisions.
(Isn't sorting your candy the best part of Halloween???)

Andrew with Barrett and Michael.
I think the lion costume took the cake!

They spent a good 15 minutes jumping off the porch and asking me to take pictures.
I'm not sure I'll ever understand boys.

Part of Andrew's party was trying to prank our neighbors with popcorn.
The boys' attempt failed, but the neighbor girls took our supplies and properly executed the prank back on us.
(There is still popcorn in my flowerbeds.)

My sister even pranked me clear from Kansas City…with a little help from my mom.
I found this in Grady's crib when I went to check on him.  Thank you Jolyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment