Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Princess Turned Four

Saylor Kate Dixon turned the ripe old age of four yesterday.
But her birthday celebrations started early the day before and were continued until late last night.  This girl was partied to the point of dirty rotten stinky.  
She is one adored pampered little girl.

Her first present came all the way from Seattle from a loving uncle who happens to share her same birthday.  He sent her a pony/hair braiding/hair dryer accessory set.  HEAVEN!!!!
Thank you Uncle Jon for the amazing girly gift!  

Saylor was then spoiled by Grandma Walker (with some fashion sense from cousin Whitney!) in the form of super cute gray boots and sparkly jeans!  Oh My…could a girl get more lucky?
Grandma also made her a scripture bag and gave her a princess castle card along with tons of hugs and kisses.

Yesterday Saylor was allowed to open one gift from Steve and I before breakfast.
"Jeggings!  It's what I always wanted Mom!"
I've been saving those jeggings for a while now and it about killed me to wait.  This girl loves her clothes.  
Carter and Colby emptied their Halloween bags and filled an envelope with licorice for the birthday girl….because she wasn't sweet enough I guess.

Posing for mom in front of her presents.

Yep.
She's four!

She specifically asked for a white cake with rainbow skittles.
How could I say no to that??

For her "party" we invited two friends and their moms to join us for a super girly lunch at Cafe Rio per Saylors request.

 
Halfway through lunch, Steve showed up with flowers for all three princesses.

"Oh Dad!  You brought me roses?"
She was impressed…as was I.
(We might be setting a very dangerous precedence here.  I hope it doesn't bite us in the hind end in about 10 years.  However- Saylor with her dad and her roses has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.)

Princess Preslee, Princess Saylor and Princess Jada.
Three absolutely gorgeous little girls.

After a Dixon family dinner at Chick- Fil- A, we went back to our house for cake, ice cream and presents.
Grandpa and Grandma Dixon DID NOT disappoint!

Girl Legos!
(Saylor prepped Grandpa Dixon for this gift about three weeks ago.  She knows how to work the system!)

Grady got into the present action.

And so did Colby!

Cake time!


We love Grandpa and Grandma Dixon!



The rest of the evening Saylor spent time trying on each and every dress up item that came in the huge trunk of girly fun.
Dresses, scepters, slippers, wings, crowns, jewlery…the works.

Her entourage helped.


The rest of us just tried to keep mobile Grady from choking himself to death on little bits and pieces of dress up jewelry and wrapping paper.

It was a little nuts.

Saylor was spoiled, the boys got loads of sugar, Grady survived, and everyone was happy.
I consider the evening a success.
Happy Birthday my Saylor Girl!  You are a delight and a force in our home…and we wouldn't have it any other way!

The best gift of the night though?
I darling little box wrapped up with this card from a "secret" admirer.
(You know who you are and we love you to pieces.  Thank you for being so wonderful to Saylor and the rest of our children.  I treasure your love and friendship!)

It contained this beauty.
Wowsers!  Could Saylor be more doted on?
She truly is a princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment