I had plans to post a billion pictures from one of our many Virginia adventures last night (the kids wanted the one with the Botanical Gardens) but I sat on my bed eating Cadbury mini eggs instead.
I feel I made a wise choice.
It was daylight savings yesterday and even though it was practically still daylight outside, the kids all went to bed around 8:30. I sat on my duff the rest of the night.
My body is feeling the toll of being 36 weeks pregnant.
I hurt a lot.
I contract even more.
I'm crying over clothing now.
I'm entering the hermit stage full force.
I need to have this baby.
Good thing I realize and have embraced (like a cactus) that I have at least 2 weeks left. This baby and his lungs need 2 more weeks. 2 weeks of waddling, contracting, hurting, and wearing the same blasted clothing.
It's my saving grace that the LONGEST I have left being pregnant is 17 days.
17 days.
I can take one for the team for 17 days right?
I may be taking one for the team...but that doesn't mean I have to put on church clothes again.
I officially informed Steve that I am done with church.
As I sat sweating on our pew yesterday afternoon and contracting every 10 minutes...I declared myself finished.
I will disappear for the next 2 months- minimum.
Today my plan is to finish up loose ends for the science fair, run a few errands (my children have grown out of our worn out their shoes) and sleep. Just try and guess which one I am looking forward to the most.
Andrew thinks I'm taking him shopping...the $100 is burning a hole in his pocket. He has big plans to buy running shorts and a new sweatshirt. He already spent $25 on the optional track jacket for his upcoming season. I bought his needs...he can buy his wants. We'll see what I'm up for tonight.
Other than a nap my biggest ambition today is to polish of the last piece of chocolate cake my mom brought over yesterday. It has cream cheese in it...um...yes it is fantastic. Now I wonder why I don't fit into my clothes???
That cake sounds divine! At this stage you should eat everything you want. I remember those last days clearly. Hang in there and nap as much as you can!! Can't wait to see that little Grady!!
ReplyDelete