I love the camera on my phone.
I love that I can capture life's real moments no matter where I am. I love even more that I can send them to my mom and sisters two seconds after I take them. How did we ever survive without them???
Here are a smattering of the pictures I took last week and this past weekend.
They have no true purpose...just snapshots of my life and how warped it can be!
My friends and family know how much I dislike track/athletic pants.
There is a time and a place for them, but I have pretty strict rules about when and where my kids can wear them. I also won't purchase them...unless they are required as part of a PE class or sport.
Andrew shelled out his own money last week and bought two pair. (oh brother)
I guess you can say I loosened up enough to take him to the store to buy them.
He has worn them (only at home of course) since the minute he bought them.
He's one happy track-pants-wearing kid.
I've nested a little this past week.
Grady's dresser is full of clean clothes, blankets and burp clothes.
I'm still working on his bed and bassinet.
(It's a lot of work to make this body pull stuff up from the basement. I need to bribe Steve.)
I've also nested in other weird ways that have nothing to do with a new baby.
Such as...buying my kids new shoes.
Because heaven knows there won't be stores open after I have this baby! I'm sure there is going to be a shoe apocalypse and my children will have to wear cardboard on their feet if I don't buy them new shoes right now!
They are all four ready for this summer shoe wise. I'm a freak.
(Steve is so lucky I will only buy stuff on clearance. He would be a poor man this month if I didn't.)
Went out to dinner with my best girlfriends Friday night.
One girl's cornish game hen came to the table looking like this.
I had had my OB appointment that morning and found this disturbing cooked fowl even more indecent than I normally would have.
I laughed until I hurt.
I think Jakers should invest in some poultry string...just saying.
When I said in my earlier post that I had perfected a gluten free cream puff...I really meant it.
Steve is now asking for homemade vanilla pudding with chocolate frosting.
All in good time Steve...all in good time. I ran out of my GF flour and have to wait until it comes in the mail before I can make more!
My mom and sister JaNae on one of their sewing tirades made this most amazing pillowcase for my daughter. I about died when I saw it.
Saylor asked where the other one was for her other pillow on her bed.
Maybe putting a three year old only daughter in her own queen size bed wasn't such a good idea.
She's getting delusions of grandeur.
My friend Megan brought these over for my unborn son.
Yes...these are the cutest shoes I have ever seen in my life.
I don't even own a pair of Toms!
I'm going to go buy at least 10 outfits for him to wear with them!!!!
Token 37 week picture.
You'll be happy to know I cleaned my bathroom today and my mirror no longer looks this horrible.
I however...still look the same.
Our super fun neighbor was in Portland this weekend and brought home three buckets of donuts from VooDoo Donuts.
(I actually have heard of it from the Food Network. It's a pretty famous place.)
He knocked on our door this morning at 7:30 and delivered these beauties.
He is even more now my kids' idol.
These donuts are crazy and covered in everything form M&M's to Cocoa Puffs.
Yep...that is real bacon on a maple bar!!
You think that fritter is big???
Not as big as the donut!!!
Is saying I have a 'bun in the oven' too cliche?
(love Saylor trying to push her tummy out)
Lastly, this morning I pulled out my old Strawberry Shortcake doll collection for Saylor to play with.
It has kept her busy all day.
I'm happy my mom kept them for me all these years.
And yes...they still smell the same...and I still have all the shoes and individual pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment