It pays to be smart at Andrew's school.
It pays cold hard cash.
Each semester, every time a student reaches 100 AR points, their name is put into a raffle for $100.
Andrew won for the 7th grade today.
He came into the van after school holding this beauty.
He's rich...and lucky.
He felt bad for the kid in his SSC class that had earned well over 1,000 AR points and had his name in the drawing many many times. Andrew had his name in once.
I asked if anyone ran to the front of the stage screaming "I volunteer as tribute!"
Andrew looked at me with a blank stare.
"Oh yeah, I didn't let you watch that movie. Sorry."
One day he'll get that reference.
In the meantime, I think his brain is on overload stewing over what to buy.
I'm guessing something that will rot his teeth or his mind.
...hopefully not that projector for his room.
Wow! Why didn't the schools do this for us? How cool for Andrew, though...maybe he will share with his mom?? :)
ReplyDelete