Friday, March 15, 2013

Truly Annoying

Welcome to the view from my front porch.
It's been like this for months now.
This beauty is a side effect of the new house going up across the street.  The house is just off centered enough that the outhouse placed lovingly on the edge of the property is right out my front door.
On windy days like to day, I'm lucky enough to to have the view of the outhouse interior too. 
On really special days, the outhouse gives me a real treat and a length of toilet paper can be seen  blowing in the breeze.  It's like a friendly banner of peace coming from across the street.
It's high class let me tell you.
Even more spectacular is sitting in my living room watching to construction workers going to and from.
Hallelujah the door has remained locked when these men have used the facility...the wind is mighty strong around here and I've been nervous a few times.  
There is one neighbor boy, however, who takes advantage of the proximity to the park compared to the extra 40 steps it would take him to actually return home to relieve the call of nature.  He does not know how to use the lock properly.  I haven't told him mom about his outhouse habit.  I'm sure she wouldn't want to know.
The home construction will be finished in the next few weeks (hopefully) and I'm NOT going to miss my spectacular view.

Another truly annoying piece of information?
I saw my OB this morning was sadly told that I'm only dilated to a two.
All those contractions and pain for nothing...nothing.
I can stay at a two for weeks...and weeks...and weeks.
So much for secretly planning (wishing and praying) that I would go into labor next week.
I guess it's official.
I can't plan everything.

I will "happily" remain pregnant for at least two more weeks.
My husband will "happily" listen to me whine about how much pain I'm in.
My children will "happily" pick up my slack around the house and consume freezer meals because I  have no ambition to clean my house or cook dinner.


On a brighter note????
I found I can make perfect gluten free cream puffs.  Can't even tell the difference. 
Bring on the pudding baby.  Bring on the pudding.



No comments:

Post a Comment