Grady was born at 6:08 am...just as a new day was starting.
Because of this timing and a certain positive strep test on me, Grady had to stay a full 48 hours in the hospital.
We were there all day Saturday and Sunday and didn't come home until Monday afternoon.
It was a long time and I wasn't complaining about it.
But what did I do for all that time in room H3305?
As you can tell by my chart...the only plans made were to Feed, Pee and Poop. Thank goodness those were actually Grady's plans.
(The only concerns I had on that board involved my pain meds.)
Most of my time included holding and loving this little man...
...and eating.
The next best thing to having a perfect little person to love after having a baby is the food.
There is something about being post-partum that makes food taste ten times better than it normal would!
Our hospital food is remarkably good and I was allowed to order whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
I think I had seven or so bowls of this stuff.
Fruit is SO much better when you don't have to wash and cut it up yourself.
After I would eat, I would stare at this perfect person.
Then I would eat some more.
Then love on Grady.
Then order yet another milkshake.
(I won't admit how many of these I consumed.)
In between stuffing my face and kissing my baby I would watch a total chick-flick on cable that Steve would never be caught watching with me.
It was awesome!
At one point I told Steve, "You better get some picture of me and Grady. Without them who knows if I was even really there?"
(I'm the picture taker around here)
After seeing this picture I exclaimed, "Man! When did my cheeks get so big?"
I'm sure it had NOTHING do to with the fact I had just consumed this!
NOTHING!
No comments:
Post a Comment