Tuesday, March 19, 2013

today

My day revolved around being at the doctors office.
Two days ago I got large red swollen patches on my lower legs.  Weird.  I ignored them for two days...but decided I better call the doctor just in case.
Went in late this morning and honestly wasn't feeling great by the time I got there.
My legs have some pregnancy induced skin reaction...totally ugly and benign, but not so benign was my blood pressure.  It has been picture perfect this entire pregnancy- until today.
My blood was drawn for pre-eclamsia testing and I was told to go home and rest.
So much for my grocery store run after my appointment.
I napped a little this afternoon and canceled Colby's violin lessons.
My mom picked up the boys from school and by the time they were home, by blood pressure had returned to normal.
My nurse called and told me my blood work was completley normal and to just monitor my blood pressure at home.  I'm supposed to call if anything changes.
So much for me secret evil desire to be induced this week.

The kids were great this afternoon and we all played hookie when it came to work.
Music practice and homework was done, but that is where any responsibility stopped.
Grilled cheese and fruit for dinner.
Steve took Carter to Pack Meeting and guitar.
I watched food shows on netflix with the other kids most of the night with my feet up.
The kids are treating me great and helping out with one another...and I oh so appreciate it.

I also appreciate my sister this week.
A few weeks ago we sent Flat Stanley to her house for a project in Colby's class.
He came back today with fun filled pictures and the most darling letter from the Johnson family.
The way my sister had put things together made it perfect and super easy for me to make a Flat Stanley book just like Colby wanted.

Yes...Flat Stanley went ALL the way to Boise.
I asked Colby if he wanted to send him to a more exotic location...but he insisted on sending Stanley to stay with his cousin Wes.  Cousin blood is pretty thick.

 Stanley went to the Capitol building in search of the Governor, Cabella's (there are awesome animals there), my personal favorite- Krispy Kreme, and then hung out at Wes's house for some outdoor chores (Stanley didn't help one bit- lazy little guy) and sweet bike jumping.
Thank you Wes and JaNae for showing Stanley such a rocking time in Boise!
Can we come next?

Another thing I appreciated today?
Carter willing to read Saylor and Colby bedtime stories.
Walked in on this scene tonight.
Melted my heart.



Side note:   The out house across the street was removed today.
Small miracles do happen sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment