Friday, May 31, 2013

family dynamics

The relationship between Andrew and Grady has been such a fun one to watch.
I never realized having 12 years in between children could create a dynamic so wonderful, special, and unique.
 Andrew has bonded with his baby brother in a "Don't worry, I'll take care of you" way that I thoroughly enjoy.  It's a breath of fresh air compared to other relationships between brothers in this house that are perfectly normal, but not so sweet at times.

 When Andrew is home, he has Grady in his arms.  It's been a fantastic help when I am busy making dinner, working on chores, or helping other kids.  This morning even, Andrew came into my room at 6 am right after I was finished feeding Grady.  "Can I take him Mom?"  He cradled Grady and let me go back to sleep.  
What 12 year old does that?
Andrew also has the gift to make Grady smile faster than anyone else.  It's one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
Thank you Andrew for being a wonderful big brother and pure example of love and service in our home.  I appreciate you!

One other relationship I never imagined would be this great?
Apparently to Saylor, nutella and multigrain chips are the bomb.

(I just had to add this picture because I think her dark eyes and pigtails are the bomb.)

1 comment:

  1. It is so evident that Andrew loves Grady. He is so tender and gentle. I love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete