Yesterday afternoon, Colby had his first ever violin recital.
He has practiced hard all year for this recital and he was READY!
We arrived early so he could tune up.
Here he is waiting his turn.
Tuning with Sister Call.
(This woman has the patience of Job to work with my squirlly seven year old. Love her!)
Rest position.
Giving me "the annoyed look" because I am asking him to pretend like he is playing.
The lineup.
I think it was arranged by cuteness...but I could be wrong.
The best part of this recital was having a group number with three of his cousins.
Here they are...Whitney, Meg, Colby and Annie.
(sorry I cut off the rest of your body Annie!)
My brother Jared and AJ passing the time before the recital started.
Jared, (sorry your eye is cut out by my son's unruly hair) Cara, Holly and JaNae.
Mom and Dad.
Mom took Dad home after the kids had finished their pieces. He wasn't feeling wonderful.
We're happy he could make it as long as he did.
Playing away.
Another shot of the Walker cousins.
I'm proud of Colby and I love hearing him play his fiddle. This past year with violin has been good for Colby. I feel he is learning that it is ok to do hard things and practice discipline. I would love for him to continue with this instrument and learn to love it.
...and after he realizes the boy/girl ratio at recitals and concerts, maybe he'll find playing violin is a good way to meet chicks. (cousins excluded of course!)
No comments:
Post a Comment