Colby has had his two bottom teeth loose for some time now.
He's wiggled them until were both hanging by nasty threads.
A week ago, Colby finally told Steve he was ready for a good pulling.
Ready...set...GO...and the left loose tooth was out!
(Who knew how that tooth was hanging on...a stiff breeze could have blown it out. I'm so grateful it didn't fall out in Colby's sleep and choked him.)
The lost beauty.
Colby put his precious tooth in an envelope and wrote a darling letter for the Tooth Fairy.
And what did that Fairy leave him???
NOTHING!
What? How could that happen?
Colby came up the next morning with the most deflated look on his face and while fighting back tears said,
"Mom, I had a really rough night. The Tooth Fairy didn't come! I don't think the Tooth Fairy is real."
(Yeah...I felt pretty awesome as parenting goes. Little boys just don't understand how tired the Tooth Fairy is. They don't know that by 11pm when it's time to magically leave money for deserving tooth losers...the Fairy's brain isn't working on all cylinders and she just wants to collapse in her bed and sleep.)
I gave Colby a well deserved hug and explained how the Tooth Fairy doesn't like dentists...because dentists steal teeth at their office and NEVER leave them under pillows for her...and if a dentist's child is on her route, she leaves them to the very last and sometimes runs out of time.
Colby tried again the second night.
That Fairy pulled through and left him not just a two dollar bill, but also three dollar coins. I'm guessing that Fairy felt bad for skipping out on such a perfect tooth and deserving little boy.
(guilt might have played a part too)
Fast forward one week and the second wiggly tooth was pulled out by Steve per Colby's request.
Now Colby is sporting this gappy grin.
...and that lazy Tooth Fairy??
She left 12 quarters...the first night. She's learned her lesson I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment