Twas the second to last day
And all through the school,
Not a creature was learning...
But the ice cream was cool.
(Oh who am I kidding? I'm to worn out to write a poem for this post.)
But is was the second to last day of school, and I'm sure my children learned nothing. Isn't basically the last week worthless? Shouldn't we all just pull our kids out and take them on vacation before the rental rates on vacation spots skyrocket?
(Ok...now I'm sounding bitter. Once again too tired to continue on in this fashion. Shall I continue about how it's 8:40 pm and looking out my window as I type this the neighborhood is teeming with children? My kids are in bed because technically it is still a school night. I must be the meanest parent alive.)
Ok Ok...back to the post. Second to last day...blah blah blah...and Carter was rewarded for learning all his multiplication facts 1-12 with a ginormous bowl of sugar.
(I'll spare you details about how I feel regarding school kids being rewarded with food...I'm sure you could guess.)
I ventured to the school to help Carter carb count for his ice cream monstrosity.
He doesn't share the same food/reward sentiment.
He was thrilled.
I may have cringed over the sugar, but I ADORE Carter's teacher.
Mrs. Sailors has been fantastic for Carter this year. I feel so blessed to have had such phenomenal teachers for this boy!
After they were juiced up on sugar, I had Carter's buddies gather round for this picture.
The best part?????? The two boys on the right. Both are ridiculously sweet and wonderful and couldn't be more different in size. I will laugh every time I see this picture.
After the ice cream party, I went inside the school just in time to catch Colby coming back from his field trip to Hop-To-It. (aka Flu Virus on a Stick) Its a tradition that the 1st graders tie-dye shirts to wear on this special day. Colby asked me as soon as he got home if I was going to put his shirt into the DI like I did with Carter's. This kid knows me well. I promised he could keep it for one year...then all bets were off.
Colby's teacher this year was Mrs. Dickard. She was a sweetheart to Colby.
He loved her...and her long long hair.
Tomorrow for the last day of school my kids are again doing nothing but playing their hearts out at the bowling ally and Harry Barry park.
What will I be doing with my last day of freedom? I will be getting my teeth worked on. I think I drew the short stick.
Now on to something totally unrelated to the last day of school unless you want to link them by pure insanity...
I looked up from fixing dinner and saw this.
Yeah. Umm. Ok. Really?
I'm past words on the subject.
Lastly for tonight...this is for Jon and Caprice who have asked for gluten free cookie recipes.
GF Garbage Cookies
(Don't let the name turn you off. I promise they are tasty.)
1/2 C butter
1/2 C shortening
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups corn or rice chex (Mom likes corn, I like rice)
1 C coconut
1/2 C oat flour
1 C Maninis gf flour
1 C Domata gf flour
(Mom omits the oat flour and just uses 1 1/4 C each of Maninis and Domata)
Lots and lots of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. I also add white chocolate chips.
350 for 11-12 minutes.
For those out there who can still use all purpose non-gf flour...the original recipe calls for corn flakes instead of chex cereal. It also uses 2 1/2 flour instead of the different gf flours.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment