It started with Andrew wanting goldfish- not as pets, but to put in the kiddie pool and swim with.
Obviously, I said no.
Apparently, Andrew asked his dad later behind my back.
Naturally, Steve didn't care and without checking with me first, said he would take Andrew to buy fish.
I intervened and after Andrew was openly upset with me, I flippantly admitted that I was the family fun-sucker.
Steve corrected me by saying that I'm wasn't a fun-sucker per say...but more of a dream wrecker.
I countered by laughing how that should by my next t-shirt saying.
Andrew jumped on that band wagon and exclaimed that in addition, all the kids should have t-shirts with the word "Dreamer" and then before he thought it through...declared that Steve should have one with "Dream Builder".
So let me introduce you to my family...
Dreamers #1-5: Andrew, Carter, Colby, Saylor and Grady
Dream Builder: Steve (aka push over)
Dream Wrecker: Me (the one who has to clean up after everyone's dreams)
No comments:
Post a Comment