Saturday, June 29, 2013

What are your plans today?

I went downstairs to wake up my boys this morning.  I even sang obnoxiously to them as I entered the room.  (they are lucky kids)   Colby peered over the top of his bunk and asked what we were going to do today.

"Anything you want within reason"  I replied.

"So I could grab a knife and shank somebody?"

"Within reason Colby...I don't think anything where shanking is involved can be considered reasonable."  


Wow. 
  Where in the crap does this kid pick up these things...and how much should I worry about him?
It might be a long dangerous day.  I think I'll watch my back a little closer.


Steve made plans today before 8:00 am too, but lucky for me it didn't involve any sharpened makeshift prison weapons.

He came and told me how the office emergency phone went kaput.  His bright idea was to replace the office phone with my phone and "let" me have his phone because it is so much nicer.
(Isnt' he dreamy?)
 ...but then here's the kicker.  
In his slightly nervous voice he said under his breath,
"Oh, and I'm getting a new phone."

Thanks Steve.  Thanks a lot.
Maybe you should watch your back today too.
I might sick Colby on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment