If there is one advantage of taking your own family pictures. It's the outtakes that normally get thrown out by the professional photographer. There were some gems from our family pictures last week... gems funny enough to keep.
This one for instance cracks me up. Andrew is looking handsomely at the camera, but Carter is "hunting wabbits", Colby is trying to tree an poor innocent animal and Saylor is thinking who knows what.
I like this one too and I'd like to title it "Herding Cats."
If you look closely, I have the parental death grip on two of my offspring, Andrew is trying to protect the youngest most likely from me, and Saylor once again is thinking who knows what.
Classic us during family pictures.
When I mentioned Andrew's photo bombing skills were getting legendary (out of control) I wasn't kidding.
This one, however, I love.
It wasn't staged...it just happened.
Then there's Carter in the "farting" chair.
(HUGE back story on why we call this the farting chair. Even bigger back story on why it is currently sitting in my parents back yard. These two tales would take essays to fully explain...hence why only my immediate family will get the significance of this picture.)
Picture of trying to take a picture with Steve trying to motivate smiles.
This is Saylors "done" face.
This is Steve's "done" face.
I think he was ready to murder me at this point.
But Jolyn and I convinced him to take a few more shots because the light was pretty.
Here I was innocently smiling at the camera...
and this happened.
What the heck???
AHHHHH!
Let me loose...let me loose!
Not even sure how to explain.
This, however, might be our crowing glory of everyone being SO sick of family pictures.
We have a strict no shooting or pretending to shoot your siblings rule. As you can tell...they all minded SO well. Saylor of course was too delicate to shoot a sibling, she just smacked him instead.
ha ha ha ha ha!! I just read your blog forever! I need to check in more regularly. Love it! Love these pictures. Bee-UU-Tee-ful family!
ReplyDelete