Wednesday, June 19, 2013

before I forget to remember

Jolyn was in Twin a week before our "official" reunion.  Half of that time she stayed at my parents and when my dad left for the hospital,  her family stayed at my house.  We played pretty hard between the two houses and slept indirectly proportional to the amount we played.  I took many pictures of the things we did and if I hadn't, I most likely would forget they happened.  When I say my brain is mush from the last few weeks...I really mean mush.  Pudding, mash potatoes, mud pies...whatever.  It's mush. 
Here are a few pictures from the week Jolyn's family was here showing the seemingly insignificant things we did...that were actually super fun.

 Rub a dub dub...three girls in a tub.

Watching movies with Grandpa on my bed.

 Then jumping on my bed.

 Have I ever mentioned that my mom has some of the best magnetic toys ever?
Imagination runs wild at her house.

 Little girls copying their mothers.
What?
I don't talk on the phone all day!
(ok..maybe a little to my sisters...or a lot.)

We joked about it happening, but then it actually did.
Grant tried to eat Grady!

 Sadie came running into my Mom's house one afternoon beside herself wringing her hands and pacing. She could hardly get the words out declaring the presence of a big snake in the front yard.
We followed her outside and found Colby shadowing the snake until an adult could come and take care of it.   I guess I should worry more about Colby and his decision making skills.  That kid is fearless.  I was so relieved the snake was only a harmless blow snake.  It would bite you...but you'd live.  My dad being the snake charmer he is, showed us first hand how this snake defends itself. 

 His shoe took multiple bites for our educational purposes.

 Dad then coaxed the snake into the neighbors pasture where it would be free from pesky kids and large menacing tennis shoes.
Whew...snake disaster averted.

 Dan reenacted a scene from the Lion King with my 2 month old.  
I kept telling him to be careful, but then continued snapping pictures.  I'm a great mom. 

 Last on my list of memory worthy events is my nine year old's transformation into a Vulcan with a little help from scotch tape.
It works great to train little fingers to stay put where they should.

Tape works really well on ears too.
(but it hurts)

It doesn't, however, work on eyebrows.
Those have to be held put with fingers.  Bummer.
"Live Long and Prosper" anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment