Monday, January 14, 2013

pics from the past

I didn't start this journal until 2008, right before we moved from Richmond Virgina to Twin Falls.  Andrew was seven, Carter was four and Colby had just turned two.  
It seems like forever ago.

As I periodically look back at pictures from this time and before, I'm sad I didn't write then.  So many memories forgotten...or just filed in my brain somewhere.  Some of them would include:
Steve and I's first years of marriage without children. (ok...maybe I won't post these pictures.  I made bread a lot and it showed in both sets of cheeks.)
Living in Salt Lake City, I worked and Steve finished up his MBA.
Moving to Virginia for dental school.
Moving three times in the next five years in Virginia.
Andrew as a baby.
Carter as a baby.
Colby as a baby.
The amazing friends we made in Virginia.
...and everything in between.

I've been meaning to post pictures from back then for a while now.  I'm afraid if I don't, I will lose those memories forever. 
So here goes nothing.  
I'm going to try and post pictures and stories from WAY back when.  All the way back to when I first had access to a digital camera and/or we had Costco put our pictures on a CD.  One day I want to take all our negatives in and have them made digital.  Only then will I have saved pictures of Andrew, Carter and Colby as babies...and they were cute babies...totally worth posting about.
Unfortunately, some of my pictures saved on Picasa are not to be found elsewhere on my computer.  What??  How could that be??
So until then, here are the oldest digital pictures I could find on my computer.  They prove that my obsession with professional pictures started early.
These were taken in November of 2004 by my sister's friend Bobbi Jo Thompson in Pocatello.
Andrew was 4 1/2 and Carter was around 14 months.
I travelled to Idaho from Virginia for Thanksgiving by myself, hence why Steve is not pictured.  He came later after I had been home for a few weeks.  I mostly remember the plane ride with two little boys all alone.  I was beyond stressed about the entire deal.  Luckily, on one leg of our flight, the plane was not full and I had three seats all to myself.  Andrew and Carter both fell asleep, laying down next to each other heads to feet,  and were quiet for almost two hours. 
We flew into Twin and my parents and my brother and his family met us at the airport. 
It was wonderful to be home again!















\



No comments:

Post a Comment