A cute friend of mine, who had her baby boy just a few weeks ago, said once that she didn't feel like she had the right to complain about being pregnant until she was 30 weeks.
Well, I'm 30 weeks in about three hours and I was all ready to complain away- had my list all ready.
But tonight, as I was reading through some of the youth lesson material for a ward conference I will be attending tomorrow, I came across an article by Henry B. Eyring called "O Remember, Remember" which was focused on recognizing God's kindness and tender mercies towards his children.
It changed my mind about complaining. (for now anyways)
I was ready to write tonight about how everything from my ribcage down hurts (because it does) and how my cold isn't helping anything, particularly when I cough unexpectedly with a full bladder...but instead, I think I will focus on how blessed I truly feel about this pregnancy.
(A big fat sorry to my sisters who I know both love my rants, especially the pregnant rants. How about I call each of you tomorrow and complain on the phone, then my kids will never have written proof that I did it?)
So here goes.
A few things I am grateful for encompassing this pregnancy.
Overall, I feel good. I have not hurt until recently which is a lot better than I felt with Saylor's pregnancy just three years ago.
My blood pressure is holding steady. Whew!
Baby Boy is growing well and everything looks perfect.
I've been able to handle the normal stresses in life and have easily given up extra things without guilt...for instance...Carter was totally fine with not being in swim team this session. I didn't feel I had the mental and physical capacity to hang out at the pool twice a week for over an hour and still hold down the fort at home. Its a huge blessing that he didn't mind or pout.
Saylor has allowed me to nap almost everyday for the last few weeks. By 1pm, I'm spent and laying down for even an hour keeps me going for the rest of the day.
My braxton-hicks contractions have been less this pregnancy, that or I'm just able to handle them better.
Steve has been wonderful. He comes home and pitches in right when I feel like I can't do anything else. I'm most grateful that he is willing to perform bath and bedtime duties with the kids. He has also taken over dinner many nights in the past weeks and does dishes too. He even takes the boys to school most mornings and drives them to any and all piano, guitar and YM activities that he is home and able to. He is a wonderful wonderful man.
I'm still sleeping well. That is a miracle in itself.
I only have around 9 weeks left. Hurray!
I've discovered the best gluten free chocolate cake mix known to the free world. (YES...this is a pregnancy blessing. Trust me!)
I'm happy and my moodiness had been minimal this pregnancy. (Even ask Steve, I've been much better to be around this time My moments of wanting to claw someones eyes out are few and far between!)
When I do get a little feisty, like this morning for instance, I have the mental realization that I'm grouchy because I'm in pain...so I take two Tylenol, apologize to my loving spouse and get over myself.
I've actually kept the house in high functioning order, organized and clean to an acceptable extent with minimal mental breakdowns or "crazy mom" episodes.
My children have been extremely supportive and helpful. They ask how I am doing and are ready and willing to pitch in when needed. It's bliss I tell you, bliss!
I pray in the next 9 weeks I can continue to recognize my blessings during this pregnancy and focus minimally on my complaints. (except to Jolyn and JaNae...I'll just rant to you if you don't mind.)
My Heavenly Father loves me and is truly watching over me and helping me through this time in my life. I'm grateful for His love and tender mercies in my life. I know I couldn't make it through pregnancy #5 without Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment