I married one of those men (I think they are a rare breed) that on their day off, they don't take time for themselves, but they take their children skiing.
Yesterday the child he took was our three year old Saylor. (taking a three year old skiing sounds tortuous to me.) Steve said and I quote, "I just want her to be able to keep up with her brothers."
Take in account that he spent most of his ski day on the bunny hill pulling a small child with a hula hoop, teaching her how to put weight on Minnie (right foot) and Micky (left foot).
Then he went up the lift all of three times before Little Miss honestly starting falling asleep in her skis.
(how do you fall asleep in your skis?)
I'm positive Steve would have had a much better day going skiing by himself...but he didn't. He's just like that and I love him even more for it.
Thank you Steve for being wonderful in every way. I appreciate you.
Favorite part of this phone picture while on the lift?
Saylor's skis reflecting on her goggles...not to mention that her goggle are bigger than her face. Love it!
"Hi Mom! I did it!"
Lets pray mountain snow is cleaner than city snow.
Hey Saylor, aren't you missing some equipment...like your skis for instance?
Steve confessed that they took MANY breaks of sitting on the hill and playing in the snow.
He really is a super-dad.
That is so stinking cute!! These pictures must melt your Mommy heart.
ReplyDelete