Thursday, January 31, 2013

we ventured out...but not too far

After antibiotics and lots (and I mean lots) of sleep, I'm finally starting to feel a little better.  
But as I'm typing my sinuses are clogged up and starting to hurt again...I'm so tired of this crap.  Monday and Tuesday were the worst days and as I laid in bed crying because I felt so awful, all I could think about was my poor sister.   Every other Monday she goes to the hospital where they purposely make her feel like garbage.  She hurts everywhere, is nauseated and has many other AWFUL symptoms that only chemo can bring.   I hope she knows that she is my hero.   I think if I knew I had to drive somewhere every other week to make myself feel awful...I might just run away.  
JaNae is one of the toughest, strongest, most wonderful people I know.  Love you JaNae!  
Mom and I did a small cheer for you this evening on the phone that you only have six more weeks left!!!  Hurray! 

Today I left the house for one of the first times since last Friday.  Sick and pregnant together bring out the hermit in me like no other.  (bright side:  haven't spent a dime in almost a week)  
Steve had the day off as we were supposed to drive to IF for Carter's diabetes appointment.  The weather forcasted snow for Idaho Falls...so we changed the appointment to Steve's next Thursday off- Valentines Day.  How romantic is that going to be?  Carter, Steve and I all driving to Idaho Falls...we are party animals let me tell you.
It was wonderful to be able to get a few errands run today and chill out the rest of the time.
My three hour nap was heavenly and needed...oh so needed.  (I'm feeling a bit geriatric and I depend on my early afternoon nap to make it through the day.   It's pathetic.)

Steve saw one patient this morning and then came and picked me up around 9:30 to run errands.
And he came in his parents "new" truck.  
Sadly, I don't even know what year it is or anything...but Steve LOVES this thing.

I mean...come on...look at that face!
He is dying of giddiness inside.
(and lets be honest, the truck is beautiful if you are into old beautiful trucks)

Me...not so much.  
It was beautiful and in almost perfect condition, but it smelled like my grandfather's old farm trucks. And I wasn't too thrilled that Saylor and I had to share a seat belt.  
Thank goodness our ride was only a mile down to Steve's office where we switched to my temperature controlled, car seat accommodating, heated leather seats van.  
(I love my car.  I'm a comfort snob and I know it.) 
Steve talked the entire way about how his dad has already given permission to our boys to drive the truck one day.  I burst his bubble by bringing up the point that a bench seat and extended bed were probably not a good idea for teenagers who live in the same town as a drive-in.  (Just saying...genetically they are half me.  I had issues with drive-ins.  Steve just made out at New Years Eve dances.  We'll have to steer clear of those too.)  I'm just thinking ahead Steve, just thinking ahead.  I'm wondering if a a small car with uncomfy bucket seats and a large overbearing console would work much better for our offspring.


No comments:

Post a Comment