This week I've had a burst of pregnancy energy most likely brought on by the realization that in 11 weeks or so I'm going to have a newborn and my productive world will come to a screeching halt.
In short terms...
Dixon newborn=Dixon mom in pj's who never leaves the house.
The only thing that is worse than my newborn germaphobia is my nine months pregnant agoraphobia. (But that is a post for another day...maybe tomorrow even. I can feel it creeping up on me. It's scary and coming on quickly.)
Wednesday:
Wednesday was Science Discovery Day at our elementary school (formally known as Mad Scientist Day...but the CSI professors were slightly offended by the title so we switched it to something more politically correct. Oh brother.)
I was on my feet most of the day and felt great despite the bad decision of wearing my heeled boots.
(I have one pair of jeans that still fits and they are too long to wear with flats. Sue Me.)
Thursday...
Ok, I honestly don't remember what happened on Thursday, but I'm sure I did something.
Kids went to school, dinner happened, piano practice, violin practice, swim team. The usual.
Oh, now I remember what happened on Thursday!
I became one of those embarrassing moms who marches her 7th grader into school and sits in his math classroom after school to "gently" persuade her son to retake a quiz and find some missing assignments. (He now knows my threats are not idle. I mean buisiness when it comes to school.)
I also learned from my 7th grader that I am embarrassing just by being a mom and breathing in the same room as him. My life is now fulfilled.
Steve and I also moved Andrew Thursday night into his new bedroom. I use the term "bedroom" loosely, because his new space is our former front storage room that Steve and I over the past few weeks have cleaned out. (The DI received many treasures from us during this process.)
He has a bed, a rug, an old dresser and a set of shelves with canvas buckets for storage.
The poor kid doesn't even have a closet.
He is living in man cave heaven.
I'll post pictures one of these days.
Friday.
FRIDAY WAS A SNOW DAY.
The snow accumulation was nothing to be impressed with, but the wind was wicked, hence, the drifts and canceled school. (Why my children were all up at 6am whooping and hollering instead of sleeping in will remain a mystery. They can't get up at 6:45 on a regular school day to save their lives.)
The day at home was just what I needed. I stayed in my pjs all day (so did the kids...less laundry this way) and worked on reorganizing the basement. We moved Carter back into the boy's room with Colby, and then moved Saylor downstairs into Carter's old room. It's a little ridiculous that such a little person has her own queen sized bed and huge room to herself, but that is life.
I went through every closet and bin and reorganized my children's clothes and general accumulation of stuff. (The DI once again received treasures from the Dixon family)
When Steve came home, he rehung bulletin boards and posters in the correct spots in the correct rooms and then even hung two RC airplanes that have been waiting to be hung for (ahem) almost two years. We roll about two years behind on such things.
All this moving around has made room for our baby boy to have the nursery upstairs all the while Steve and I being able to keep the front upstairs bedroom as an office. If not, the computer and office "junk" would be in my bedroom...and that is not acceptable to me.
Steve and I Friday night looked over our hard work and fell in love with our house again. We fit here and we love it. (Grantid, Andrew is living in a hole...but it was his choice. He could either have that room or have three boys in one room. He chose the hole.)
Saturday.
Steve worked, Andrew went to Soldier Mountain for ski club (the high temp was predicted to be 8 degrees. Ick), and the rest of us stayed home and cleaned.
We mopped, vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed and shined all morning.
At approximately 2:30 my 6 month pregnant body gave out and screamed uncle.
I spent the rest of the day in bed...folded clothes while sitting there...but was in bed none-the-less.
My week of productivity was over.
Steve brought home dinner (Chick-fil-A for him and the kids, Cafe Rio for me), the kids watched way too many episodes of Cake Boss and Myth Busters, and I cried in my room watching Steel Magnolias.
It was a great end to a wonderful week...even if my kids mocked me freely about the crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment