Tuesday, January 8, 2013

While I was away...

Andrew this last quarter has been enrolled in a home-ec class.  He has come home telling tales of sewing and cooking.  But he hasn't asked to make anything at home yet.  While I was away, I got a text from Steve asking which products to use to best grease a cake pan.  Andrew had asked to make a cake.
I wasn't there to worry about any messes...so more power to ya.

Steve whipped up some vanilla frosting and Andrew went to town after the cake was baked and cooled.

Here's the finished product.
I can promise you it was WAY better than anything I did on my first try.

After the cake was done, the other kids felt a little left out of the frosting extravaganza, so Steve baked cupcakes too.  (Yep...two cake mixes worth of cake at my house...ready to be consumed.  I can feel the sugar headache as I type.)
Steve helped with Saylor's icing technique.

She had the eating technique down all on her own.

Colby took his cupcake decorating VERY seriously-

the eating part too.

Sa-weet!

Happiness all around the Dixon house when Mom is gone.
It's a party!

But what besides frosting did my children eat while I was dining on overpriced Vegas fancy fruit?
This pretty much sums it up right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment