Monday, January 7, 2013

what mormom moms do to let loose

What do three moms do when one of them has a very significant birthday?
We go to Vegas of course!

My friend's very generous husband flew three of us girls on a weekend get-away to help his darling wife celebrate her 40th birthday.   
(super grateful I got to ride that fun train)
We flew out of Boise on Friday evening and got back Sunday afternoon.
We did a lot of eating, walking, talking...but not much sleeping.  I hope I recover sometime soon because today I wonder if how I feel is what a hangover is like.  (the cold I brought home isn't helping with this feeling at all)

When we arrived very late on Friday night at Caesar's Palace we found we had an amazing room...aka suite...aka bigger than Steve and I's first four apartments.  
So what do girls do then?
We take weird pictures of ourselves...
on furniture...
and in the massive bathtubs.
(Call us loopy tired...I know)

We slept in the next morning and then went out to breakfast...but we could have called it brunch.


Because I didn't have to buy it, pack it in from the car, put it away or prepare it...I ordered two things on the menu and decided it was the best meal I have ever had.

Come on!  
Who wouldn't want to eat all this fruit when they didn't have to wash or cut up one ounce of it!

The rest of the afternoon we spent the day walking around different hotels and looking at all the craziness Vegas puts out there, such as...
Why in the world would this sign be in the bathroom?
Shouldn't it be posted by a place where alcohol is actually served?
I tried my best not to consume wine, beer or any other alcoholic drinks.
I stuck to mass quantities of diet coke and pepsi.

Saturday night we had tickets to The Beatles Love.  It was my first Vegas show...and well, it was entertaining, but interesting.   I'm not sure I'm a Vegas show kind of gal.

We did sneak in a very illegal picture while in the theatre. 

After the show we walked around again and tried to stay out of the way of all the late night craziness.
We had plans to take our picture in front of the actual Vegas welcome sign, but we ran out of time.  This candy sign had to work instead.

Thank you Susan and Megan for such a fun weekend.  Lets start planning for my 40th right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment