Friday, March 22, 2013

Taking one for the team...again

I had my final OB appointment today.
I was a little nervous my doctor would change his mind and make me wait longer to have this little man.
I told him I was afraid he would say again, "I need you to take one for the team." 

But he didn't.

He told me I had already taken one for the team and that it was time to have this baby.
My blood pressures are starting to rise and my face, feet and hands are starting to swell.
I'm being induced this Wednesday...one day earlier than I had planned.
Smiles all around.

So if I don't go into labor on my own this baby will be born on Wednesday March 27, 2013.

But tonight I'm really really hoping I will go into labor.
I'm contracting around the clock (but without being regular if that makes sense at all) and I was dilated to a three today.  I'm entering the home stretch.

My mom brought over her exercise ball tonight with strict instructions for me to sit on it.
My younger sister swears this was a large contributer to her going into labor.  I'm willing to try.
If I had my wish (if wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry) I would have this baby on Sunday March 24th.  This would have been my grandfather, Paul Dean Walker's, 89th birthday.   Grady will share his name Paul.  My grandpa was called PD most of his life.  I think it's pretty great that Grady will have the initials GPD and I could easily call him PD. 
I think it would only be fitting for them to share a birthday too.

Here's hoping my Grandpa can pull some strings in heaven and send Grady on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Jill, I'm hoping the exercise ball works! I prayed that Quinn would share my Grandma Taylor's birthday...and she does! Things that may have helped me go into labor: Costa Vita, DoTerra's Clary Sage, spicy V8, & pure stress! Probably the combination;) Here's hoping for a smooth delivery..no matter what day! I can't wait to see Mr. Grady! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jill...let me know how that exercise ball works (in case I need to use it too)!!! We'll be praying for you that all goes well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, good luck! So excited to hear all about Grady's arrival! You are amazing to me. I'm still nervous to go for #4 and maybe I just need to suck it up and take one for the team already! :) Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete