Monday, March 4, 2013

Texting with Carter

I'm now texting directly to Carter at 9:30 and 1:30...and anytime he feels the need for motherly diabetes advice.
I'm getting a kick out of his messages.
I love how they are spelled phonetically as he tries to write words most third graders should never have to worry about spelling. 

For example here is a text from Feb 28, 9:25 am:

"113 snack with unseen"

"Inselen"

This was him trying to spell insulin...twice.  Love it.


This morning at 9:23:

Carter:  280

Me:  Would you adjust your blood sugar and tell me how much it says to give u?

Carter:  1.25

Me:  Give yourself 1.0 then have a snack with insulin. Ok?

Carter:  Ok by the way my ifush set Bert's 

Herts

Me:  I'm sorry.  If it is still bothering u after school we can change it and put it higher!  Do u need more snacks brought in?

Carter:  No bye

Me:  Bye!

Translation???
 My infusion set hurts. 

Chuckling that he wrote ifush set Bert's...and then Herts.   Spell check on these phones can be a real bugger.

And then every once in a while I get a random text from the basement.

Carter:  What's for dinner?
Me:  Food
Carter:  What kind of food
Me:  Good food.
Cat food.  (I'm mean like this)
Carter:  Ok

This texting thing is going to be comical to say the least.










2 comments:

  1. so cute! that's about how my texting looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spell check and auto correct can make for some hilarious texts!!

    ReplyDelete