The weather was beautiful this weekend. Sunny and in the 40's. The kids rejoiced and played outside in the "balmy" weather. The snow melted, the slush disappeared and all was well.
And, my kids got over their colds and the world was right.
But it's turned cold again...January has a tendency to do that.
And I got sick. I wrote way too soon when I said I was sleeping well and feeling great. Scratch all of that.
I have the mother of all colds and have spent the last 2 1/2 days in bed.
(It takes a lot to keep me in bed.)
My entire head hurts including my face, teeth, throat, eyes and ears. My nose has become the fountain it has not been since I'm sure I was 18 months and didn't care that fluid was running down my upper lip. Well, I mind now. How how how can the human sinus cavity lose so much moisture in one day?
Oh...and I'm not sleeping anymore. Between breathing problems, nose drip duty and restless legs at night, it is no wonder I burst into tears from complete exhaustion last night around midnight. I need to be admitted to a hospital so someone can give me hospital strength sleeping drugs.
I really hate being sick.
I don't take for granted good health. It's pretty wonderful when you have it.
...and so is Netflix and it's 30 episodes of some teenage high school drama that truly makes you stupider for watching. But when you are sick, being stupid doesn't matter.
Feel better soon!
ReplyDelete