The cold virus I have has kicked my rear to the curb. I'm going on seven full days of sickness and my coughing fit today makes me think I'm no where near being over it. My body is fighting back with the only weapon it has...sleep. I'm requiring (as in not optional AT ALL) twelve or more hours a day to function at the most basic of levels. What am I a three month old?
I would compare myself to Sleeping Beauty if it wasn't such a stretch.
Lets put it this way, it's been heavy on the sleep, light on the beauty...really light.
In fact, instead of a beautiful rosy cheeked Disney Princess with flowing hair and long dark eyelashes, I would describe me more as the Ugly Stepsister type or one of those cheap Disney knock-off movies you see on Netflix. Maybe Drowsy Delilah or something. There has been snoring, slobbering, sweating and I promise there "ain't" nothing petite about me.
It's been quite the week of getting absolutely nothing accomplished.
So in honor of my laziness and unconscious rest...here a few of our family's best sleeping pictures from past and present.
Steve the day he came home from the hospital after getting his appendix out. We lived in our first Meadowbrook apartment in Richmond. The fourth year medical student who lived next door checked Steve out and swore Steve didn't have appendicitis. He was wrong. My cute spouse had surgery the next morning. His surgeon was a huge black smiling man who apologized for coming to talk to us in his suit. He had come from church to perform Steve's surgery.
Steve told me I couldn't post hospital pictures, so this is the only way I could sneak this story in. He was one sick man. I'm super happy his infected appendix came out and he lived. I didn't like have my eternal companion in the hospital one bit. It was scary.
Andrew with his Gettysburg hat and gun.
(We are Yankees even though we lived in Virginia.)
We took Andrew to an indoor monster truck rally in downtown Richmond. It started late. This picture proves our children are NOT night owls.
He slept through one of the loudest shows I have ever been to.
Blue lips are from a blue slushy...even the sugar couldn't keep this boy awake.
Steve and baby Colby.
Not long after Carter was diagnosed with diabetes.
I'm sure I checked his blood sugar more than once, just to make sure he was ok. Him looking passed out scared me to death.
Don't remember where this one was taken, but it proves how much Colby loved his binkie. He kept it around until almost three.
For my family.
Be careful where you fall asleep...Grandma doll and her hook will always find you!
Steve's Dental School Graduation.
(not real exciting apparently)
Just thought Colby had cute lips in this one.
In labor with Saylor.
(I think I was faking)
Sleeping Saylor Baby
Sea World is as exciting as a dental graduation.
In the blanket chest.
(I really hope he had pants on.)
Drug induced sleep.
(broken arms need drugs)
On the couch because he was afraid of the mouse in his windowsill.
Skiing wears you out.
Love love loves her Minnie and Mickey.
(Thanks Grandma Walker!)
Yes...taken in the chapel.
How irreverent are we?
This kids sleeps through church most weeks and then if it was like last week, announces (loudly) after the closing song what a great nap he had.
Found them like this after date night.
Wait a darn minute...how did that get in here?
We might not be sleeping, but our pj's sure look good.
(And you better believe this picture was taken a while ago. There isn't enough Vaseline in the world to grease those pj's on this pregnant swollen body.)
(And you better believe this picture was taken a while ago. There isn't enough Vaseline in the world to grease those pj's on this pregnant swollen body.)

that last pic is my favorite, did those PJs have feet?
ReplyDelete