Carter's Pinewood Derby was tonight.
We went as a family and supported our growing up way too fast nine year old.
Carter's leaders did a wonderful job as always and one of the perks was a pit-pass for each racer.
Cute stuff.
Yep...that says, Carter "Pop Tart" Dixon
Our neighbor called him Pop Tart once and it has stuck ever since.
Carter's car did really well and won three (or four of his heats) as can be seen in this very bad picture.
He came in 3rd for the Bears and 4th overall.
I think it was the exact same place he won last year.
We are consistent!
He also won Most Imaginative.
Steve and Carter came up with a fun idea this year.
The car, which Carter would not let me name (I had good names such as, The Black Mamba and Night Fury), had wires and springs that made it look like it just might be RC or battery powered in some way.
I guess in our family if you're not going to cheat...it might as well look like you are. (jk Steve)
Colby enjoyed the races from the sidelines with two of his buddies that are also in his school class.
I was happy he minded his manners and was on his best behavior.
He also brought a car Steve made for him last year and raced it with the scouts at the end of the night.
Andrew "Too Cool" Dixon watched close by too...but not so close as to seem excited.
He did admit before we left home that he LOVES the pinewood derby.
Favorite picture of the night hands down.
I love that Andrew sat next to Carter and supported him while waiting for the final tallies to come in.
This scene melted my heart a little.
Saylor spent the evening either in my lap trying to mug and kiss on me or practicing her Stake Dance moves.
She takes after her mother and will have the "hold up the wall" move perfected by the time she is old enough to attend a Stake Dance.
On a totally unrelated subject...
Here are a few pictures from the past few days.
Saylor loves my room.
She would spend her life there if I let her.
I found her asleep on my bed a few days ago. She had made a fort with my pillows, hunkered down and took a late nap.
(She ran a fever this weekend and now I know why she fell asleep when she did. She was plain worn out!)
More proof that my room is her playground.
I try to make my bed look nice...but it never lasts long. This girl rolls around and plays on it until it looks thrashed.
Three favorite things about this picture?
1. The two dolls perched on my headboard.
2. Her pj's and pull-up laid out perfectly to go skiing the next day with her dad. She also laid out her doll's pjs so the baby could go skiing too. They ended up not skiing because of the wind. Bummer.
3. The crusty crusty face.
We traded in Carter's phone for an iPhone (sickening I know). The phone was free and I now only have to worry about one type of charger. Good thing.
Carter took the phone today and we practiced texting his blood sugar numbers and insulin amounts to me as I sat across from him.
He's decided he needs to get faster at texting.
My view of my pregnant self.
Not flattering.
I had to lean over really far with the phone to get my feet in there.
View from the side at 34 weeks.
Please note how I conveniently covered the double chin that is ever present at the moment.
I'm officially counting down by days now as I have an induction date. March 28th.
30 days and counting.
March 28th! YIPEE! Jill, you are too cute---
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the newest Dixon boy..surely to have dreamy eyes like his siblings:)
Also, I am loving all of your posts from the past; it's so fun seeing the VA memoirs!
Good luck this last month of pregnancy!