Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A few words about Colby

Colby was our second son born in Virginia.  
This kid was as Dixon as they come.
Unfortunately, Colby was born during Steve's official second year of school.  It was extremely stressful for all of us.
He also was my third child...and I thought I would lose my mind.
To add insanity to craziness, Colby was nine months old when Carter was diagnosed with diabetes.
I don't remember a lot about Colby as a baby...my brain was a little preoccupied.
I feel bad about this still and wish I could peek in and re-live some of Colby's baby days.
In honor of my neglected soon to be officially middle child, here are a few (meaning tons and tons) pictures of the little man in all his baby glory.
(I did tell him the other day that he was my favorite...I hope this makes up for some of my guilt.)




 I had a friend who had a girl a few months older than Colby.
We had to see what he would look like if he was a girl.
It was cruel...but very very cute.

 The worst haircuts my kids have ever had.
Steve only made this mistake once.
Colby was spared- lucky baby.

 Is that a Dixon face or what???

Happy Happy Boy!

 I was cruel more than once.
(My friend Tracy had really cute bows!)

We called this the "Ruler Smile"
Yes, that is drool running down the crib.

Best Halloween costume ever!

Please note the slobber bib on his shirt.
Colby was our slobbery kid.
Smiley, but slobbery.


Playing under the table is always a good way to go.

First Birthday.

He was a mess maker I'll tell you!

First birthday pictures
...didn't get them taken until 14 months.

"What?  This cake isn't from scratch?  Well, I'm not eating it then!"

The summer of 2007 we came home to Idaho how for a few weeks.
Colby fell and gave himself a spiral fracture.
The doctor assured me he wouldn't be able to walk on his cast.  He was walking on it 10 minutes after this picture was taken.  He wore the bottom of the cast clean off by the end of the six weeks.
                                         
AJ, Colby, Wes and Dean
Four little Walker boys born within one year.
Colby is the oldest...and is now one of the smallest.

Excuse his cracker mouth.

Around 18 months Colby got really skinny and was labeled failure to thrive.
This prompted an endocrinologist visit with corresponding growth hormone tests.
His growth hormone influenced by diet was indeed low.
Nothing like telling a mother she is starving her child.
I tried to explain to his Dr that he had equal feeding rights with everyone else...Colby just chose to starve.
I feel that this year (he is six people) is the first year that I haven't worried at all about Colby's diet.  He can put down mass quantities of food with the rest of them.  He is also growing out of his pants faster than any of his brothers.  The doctors promised his growth hormone would kick in when he started eating...and it has.

Taken January 25 2008.
We went out as a family to celebrate surviving 1 year of diabetes.
We ate Chick-Fil-A.  
I'm sure Colby ate three fries and that was it.


New boots from Grandma and Grandpa Dixon.
He wore them almost everyday.

April 25, 2008
Colby's 2nd birthday.

Love you Colby!

1 comment: