Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happiness is

 Happiness is...
  skiing all by yourself with just your dad for company.

The beautiful sunshine and perfectly groomed runs just adds to the enjoyment.

And your very own diet caffeine free coke doesn't hurt either.

Thank you Steve for being the kind of dad who will take just one of your boys up for a day of skiing. 
 I know Carter will remember this day forever.


Andrew was on the hill too, but went up with his school ski club.  Steve and Carter only saw him once.    I begged Steve to get pictures of Andrew with his friends, but Steve never got the chance.  The boy was gone.  Andrew is loving being old enough to ride the bus up to Pomerelle, Soldier or Baldy with his ski group and be with his friends unaccompanied all day.  I'm clutching my chest and freaking out over the though of it all.  My anxiety is part loss of parental control and part realizing my children are doing things that would have been scary for me as a child.   I would have rather died as a 12 year old than risk getting lost on Baldy.  Andrew is growing up way too fast. 
 WAY.  TOO.  FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment