Monday, February 11, 2013

Snowy Weekend

It snowed almost all day last Friday and when the boys got home from school they confessed their big plans to play outside.
I informed them they had to shovel the driveway and sidewalks first.
They were surprisingly fast on getting to work.  I didn't expect them to be so willing.

 We only possess two shovels, so they had to take turns.

 Once again, I was surprised how well they alternated shovel time.

 As I stared out the window from my heated living room at my kids slaving away, I though to myself, "Oh that's why we spent so much money on their winter clothes at Christmas.  It wasn't for skiing and fun...it was for work!"  
They looked pretty cute (Sorry Andrew for calling you cute, but you are) shoveling in their ski gear.
They also looked warm and dry.

 Saylor on the other hand was not cute and dry because of anything I bought for her.
 She is privileged enough to be part of the neighborhood little girl hand-me-down program.
It's a sweet deal and I appreciate it!

I do not appreciate the amount of snow Saylor consumed in one afternoon.
I cringed and prayed she picked "clean" snow.

 After the slaving was accomplished, the kids set to work building various snow projects.
The snow was heavy and wet...really perfect for building.

 Andrew built himself a throne.
I told him it looked a little like the bathroom variety.

 Carter built a fort.
 Colby thought following Andrew's snow throne (toilet) idea looked like the right way to go.

They had a great afternoon and came in tired and ready for hot chocolate.  I was happy to oblige.
I love these kids and I love how well they play, work and entertain each other as siblings.  We could live in the middle of nowhere and they would still always have someone to be with.  One of my greatest wishes as a mother is that my children stay close and support one another the rest of their lives.  
Families are forever kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment