Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Steve, I love you more than...

Once in a blue moon I will do something creative for Steve.
Normally, I'm too practical (cough cough...lazy) to come up with something fun or romantic for any anniversary, birthday or holiday.  
A few weeks ago, however, my mom emailed me a tutorial she saw online and thought it was right up Steve's alley.
She was right in her thinking.  I loved the idea so much...I actually did it.
Miracle.

 Here was the finished product.  I can't believe I pulled it off.
 Wait a darn minute...are those flowers made of bacon?

 (Saylor demanded to be in a picture.  She loves bacon too.)
 Yes...those are real bacon roses that I cooked myself.

 Need a closer look?
Yep..real honest to goodness bacon.
Greasy, salty, smokey good bacon.

I brought them to Steve's office. 
He thought they were awesome.
(And for the record, those are clean gloves...Steve wanted me to include that!)
Steve and the boys finished off the "roses" out of the fridge after we cleaned the office tonight.  

Love you Steve!  ...even more than I love bacon.

We have a warped relationship and I love it.  





2 comments:

  1. Shut. Your. Mouth! I totally did these for Nick too! Hahaha---I thought we were the only couple weird enough to delight in the bacon bouquet:) Your 'flowers' turned-out awesome! That is TRUE love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Steve is one lucky husband. :)

    ReplyDelete