Today was expensive. This is mostly due to me not leaving the house for almost two weeks. I noticed my "supply" in the basement starting to dwindle do to me being too lazy and unwilling to:
1. drive to a store
2. push a cart around a store
3. load stuff into the car after buying it
4. unloading said stuff into the house
5. putting stuff away
Yeah...my life is tough.
I ran to Winco this morning with Saylor and decided I'm too pregnant to push a cart around a store anymore. I had a bazillion contractions while walking around and almost peed my pants twice. I'm old, pregnant, wimpy and tired. What else is new.
I waited until Steve was home this afternoon so he could accompany me to Costco. I made him push the huge cart and load my groceries. Love that man.
After the kids got home I took just Andrew to Fred Meyer and Big 5. It was fun to be with only him...even if he tried to fleece me a few times on overpriced clothing. He also couldn't believe how big Fred Meyer was. The boy has been living in the magical world where a mom buys everything you need and you never enter the reality of the retail world. How would it be? (Uh...maybe ask his father. That man lives in the same fantasy world most days too!)
So this is how my money flew out of my hands:
Winco $75
Vegetables, fruit, yogurt, cheese, bulk candy (delicious cinnamon lips), cereal, chocolate chips, oil, tortilla chips, muffin mixes and 4 huge bags of english muffins. (blast Costco for not selling the ones I used to buy!) Oh, and a few other things I can't remember.
Costco $250
Milk, ruffles, flour (to make gluteny rolls for my family- I am a saint I tell you), sugar, sausage, pasta, bar soap, hand soap, laundry detergent (yes...we are clean people), Downy, dishwasher soap, bread, peanut butter, chicken, popcorn, animal crackers, toilet paper and many other things I can't remember.
But...I did break down and buy the massive package of five dozen eggs. My kids are bottomless pits lately and eggs are the cheapest protein around. Five dozen eggs. Wow. Why do my kids insist on eating????
(It's truly a shame I will have to buy more of all of this less than 10 days.)
Fred Meyer $ 87
I heard they had a big sale on baby clothes. I bought two sleepers for Grady and then found shoes on clearance for the rest of my boys.
Andrew's shoes: $30 (Hes in men's sizes. I blame all the protein I'm feeding him)
Carter's shoes: $20
Colby's shoes: $10
I also bought a large bag of skittles for Colby's 100th day of school celebration. We counted 100 skittles tonight and probably ate more.
Oh yeah...and I bought some chewy sprees too. They were good.
Big 5 $25
Andrew needed new swimming jammers...as in his last ones were WAY too tight. (that's as explicit as I'll get) Andrew and I then spent 30 minutes in the store trying on running shoes for him and looking at Under Armor hoodies. I told him I wouldn't buy him a $50 hoodie...no way, no how. Not only does he eat me out of house and home, he now wants name brand clothing. Get a job kiddo. That, or see if Grandpa will give you an advance on some summer lawn mowing.
No comments:
Post a Comment